All of the applications, programs and data we have are stored in a virtual server, that is, in the cloud and in any environment where we are connected to the internet, all of the services that we can easily access this information, data, programs are called Cloud Computing.
Cloud technology companies, universities, etc. It is established and shared by large organizations. Using this technology reduces the burden of personal computers and a variety of applications are provided by the cloud server. All transactions and storage are provided by the cloud system. With all the applications, programs and data that we host on the internet are stored in a virtual machine, that is, in the cloud with the most used name, every location can be easily accessed with this device, programs and data.
Cloud Computing Architecture
When talking about a cloud system, it is necessary to divide it into two different parts: the front end and the back end. These sections are usually connected to each other over the internet network. The section considered as the front face is the user or the party used by the customer. The back side is the part of the system called “cloud”.
The frontend consists of the client computer (or computer network) and the applications required to access the cloud system. Not all cloud computing systems have the same user interface. Web-based e-mail services use web browsers such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. Some systems come up with applications specific to the person or institution to access the cloud network.
On the back of the system, there are various computers, servers and data storage units that make up the “cloud”. Theoretically, a cloud computing system can contain almost any computer program you can imagine, from data processors to video games. Usually, each application is kept on its own private server.
A central server constantly monitors traffic and customer demands to keep everything running smoothly. This is followed by a series of rules called protocols. Protocols use “layers”, a special kind of software. Layers enable computers that have accessed the network to communicate with each other. Often, servers don’t show their full performance. This means unused, unused computing power. But you can make a server act like multiple servers. This technique is called “server virtualization”. The server virtualization technique, which enables individual servers to work with high efficiency, reduces the need for physical machines.
A company that offers cloud computing services and has a large number of customers and users needs a lot of storage space. Cloud computing systems require at least twice the storage space required to hold all customers’ information. The reason for this is the occasional malfunction of these devices, just as we live with computers. A cloud computing system has to create a backup of all the information and data of its customers and store them in a different storage area. The backup process allows access to lost data again.
Development Models of Cloud Computing
This technology, which comes across with 4 different types, allows it to be used in different areas and in different ways.
Public Cloud: A cloud technology installed with servers on the Internet. An example of this model, which is paid as much as you would use in small and medium-sized companies, is electronic mail.
Private Cloud: It is a cloud technology preferred by big companies whose information is important. All information is at the hands of the founder and access security and privacy are high. Microsoft provides this with the help of the Hyper-V and System Center Product Family.
Hybrid Cloud (Hybrid Cloud): It is the cloud technology that emerges from the combination of the Public and Private Cloud.
Community Cloud: Cloud technology that hosts shared services with several companies. Community members have access to applications and data.
Advantages of Cloud Technology
- Cloud computing systems provide fast ease of use with APIs.
- It provides a number of possibilities such as more storage space, fast data transfer and cost savings on this backup.
- The infrastructural confusion of issues such as archiving of ever-increasing data, authorization and monitoring of users disappears.
- Since cloud technology software works via web browsers, it protects it from platform addiction by using computers, tablets, smartphones and Smart TVs.
- The servers where the data of the companies that provide cloud software services are held are more secure than the main computer, as they take security measures 24/7 with software and hardware.
Disadvantages of Cloud Technology
- Storing data using the cloud technology service, putting the user at risk cannot provide information security and user privacy. Vulnerabilities are quite high.
- Due to the economic situation of the countries, it will increase digital division, which will create international, political and economic problems.
- The most important problem is that an internet connection is required to access the stored data. In other words, in cases where there is no internet, it is not possible to access our information. Depending on the internet, if you have low speed internet, your data exchange speed will be slower.
- One of the last disadvantages is that the hardware and software maintenance and repair costs will decrease with the development of their services and consequently, the shrinking of the business areas of Information Technology (IT) experts who do this work.